Thursday, June 14, 2012

Today is my father's birthday. He would have been 67. Nicolas and I visited his grave this morning, and I was happy to see that grass had grown over the rectangle where he was buried. We spoke to him a little, and then left because Nicolas thought it was "too windy." Nicolas and my dad are a lot alike. They both love trains and construction sites. They both love laughing and family and being silly. They are both incredibly loving and sweet. It is still amazing to me that my dad is no longer here. I go on with the day to day busy life that we lead, but then something makes me stop and think - my god, he is not here. Seeing other grandfathers with their grandchildren. Reading something that makes me think of him. Just not being able to pick up the phone and call him. Lucas has his Science Fair tomorrow at school. My dad would have been all over that. I miss him. So much.

No comments:

Post a Comment