Monday, September 13, 2010

Done?

Why is it so hard to be done? Having babies, that is. We have three beautiful, healthy boys and feel incredibly blessed and ready to be done... and yet?? I can't say it. I loooved being pregnant and giving birth. It was hands-down the best thing I have ever done (times 3). Yet I feel that three is a great number, and Nico is a great baby to be "done" with - he is so joyful and easy-going... So.... ??

I think no matter what, no matter how many children you have, maybe it's just hard as a mama to say you're done. Parenting babies is such a crazy, delirious, amazing time that goes by in a whirlwind of sleepless nights and long drawn-out days - and suddenly you've got big kids and you can barely remember the baby stage- you see infants and look at the pictures but it's hard to bring back the warm, soft feeling...

So am I done? Let me get back to you on that one...

4 comments:

  1. Uh, oh. I think we're on the same boat. Everyone's convinced we're having four, but then again I need to get going on the next stage of life, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say try for a girl! Lots of love. The boys are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally know what you mean Roxanna - ready to get on the next stage, but not ready to stay I'm done ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. you captured exactly how I feel. I love hearing another woman say that she loved pregnancy and birth. They were by far the most amazing things I have ever done and some times I am moved to tears to think that I may never experience them again. But then, I also feel tremendously blessed to have two wonderful healthy (KOW) children and to have had two births which were absolutely magical and to our birth plan. I believe deep down that I should hold...that to ask for another card would possibly ruin my hand and the memory of it all, but still...

    ReplyDelete